Thursday 8 November 2012

Times are a changing



I cant believe that I'm a blogger. Times are defiantly are a changing for us as adults and for our children. I got  a letter home to say that my sons Intermediate School has started up ICT BOYD (bring your own devices) The school can only support Apple devices at the moment so entry level is ipod touch, ipad or a mac book! At first I thought 
'What the heck my son needs an ipad and I don't even have one?'
But here at BJs we are exploring the use of technology for us as staff to make better use of our time - so the

'paper work' doesn't take over from the 'people work'. We are getting professional development to be able to make BJs a better service.So we ask ourselves... How do we educate the educators effectively and pass on our knowledge and skills so that the children can benefit?  This blog is one of those ways to use technology to our benefit. There is nothing wrong with the old way. People have just found better ways. They might not be easy to start with. But we too are life long learners. So here is a little clip that I found on You Tube. Remember this is happening in classes now. We need to think further into the future. We need to think how are we preparing our children for the real world.
If you have a three  or four year old now They will be graduating university in the year 2031/2032. What kind of world will that be like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.